Thursday 14 April 2016

Kiko Haul // First Impressions

 

Kiko is a brand I've always been fond of, it's a high street yet non-high street brand for us here in the UK as it is predominantly an online. However some cities are lucky enough to have some independent stores, my nearest being the beautiful city of Cambridge. 

I may given into my weakness and splurged (I use that word loosely as the products were so affordable) on a few new purchases. 


These pictures were taken and products tried on the same day they flew through the letterbox so I thought I'd give you my honest first impressions! 

I purchased 6 items whilst on my spree, as luckily for me Kiko had a buy 3 get 3 free promotion (try saying that 5 times) and I'd had my eye on a few products for a while... so I thought it would have been rude not to?! 

Soft Focus Concealer : Shade 01 Light




At first glance I really like this packaging, I think the mirrored effect gives the product a high brow feel, unfortunately I this didn't reflect in the product itself. 
The colour of this shade has a predominantly yellow undertone and I don't have the world's fairest skin and this shade isn't light on me at all. Moreover, I found the consistency of the formula to be thin and watery. I'm not sure if that's what they were going for when the called it soft focus, as in, no focus? I wasn't expecting a full coverage creamy concealer when I purchased this product. However, as it also features in there illuminators category, I was expecting something that would blur any imperfections and brighten the chosen area. Personally I don't feel this concealer does either of those things, let alone conceal anything. 

Rebel Bouncy Blush - Shade: Velvety Peach


This blusher is a difficult one to try and describe, don't get me wrong I totally love it. It is marketed as 'lightweight powder' yet I would describe it a creamy texture, it is really buttery to touch and literally melts onto the skin. I found applying it can work well with both fingers or a brush and as it says on the tin, the technique of bouncing the brush lightly onto the cheek using circular motions gives a seamless look. Finally it is a matte blush which isn't something I'd normally opt for but I am so glad I did. The matte finish of this gives me the option of the final outcome of the look at want to achieve and also lets me play around more with different highlighters without mixing two tones of shimmer. 

Finally can we give Kiko a round of applause for this divine packaging! Rose gold, you cannot go wrong with Rose Gold, we all know that!

Metallic Eyeshadow - Shade: Dynamic Taupe


I'm torn with this product, my first impressions were, that isn't taupe? Granted it is certainly metallic but it's not taupe. I would class this as silver. Nevertheless, I do like the colour, it's not what I thought I was buying but thankfully it's a yes from me. This is a dense product packed with colour yet it has an extremely supple texture that glides on effortlessly and due to its density has the perfect level of pigmentation for a everyday look with an extra bit of pizzaz.


These lipsticks are my favourite of the whole haul and I have every intention of getting more colours to add to my collection. Unlimited Stylo lipsticks are marketed simply as long lasting lipsticks and Kiko couldn't have been more accurate. 

However, when I first opened the product and started to apply them I was completely thrown off course. They have a soft creamy consistency and feel like a they are going to be a nourishing creme lipstick...oh how wrong that impression was. After a few minutes (or less) on the lips this product turns into a non transferable, semi matte lipstick. Kiko claim these last for up to 8 hours, but who doesn't reapply there lipstick over an 8 hour period? I just wouldn't expect that kind of longevity from any product to be frank. I would say the finish somewhere in between a Mac matte lipstick and a Bourjois rouge velvet lip lacquer. Additionally, the colour payoff is impeccable for a product of this budget, to achieve both looks below I hand on heart only applied 1 layer of product and they produced two full coverage lip looks. 

I purchased the shades:

Shade: 02 Pearly Vintage Rose


Shade: 13 Cocoa  


And I already love both, The pearly vintage rose isn't pearly at all...thankfully matte pearly lips would be weird right? but is a lovely vintage peach tone which could easily be worn day or night. Plus I think it would work easily with any skin tone as it is a very true peach and would adapt well to lighter of darker skin. 

The second of the two isn't actually what I was expecting, online it seemed less cool toned and more of a brown toned nude. Nevertheless now I have it I'm really glad as I don't have another colour like it in my current collection. It's a cool tones brown with hues of bluey/purple running through it because of this I think it would suit fair to mid-tone skin as I really think it complements my own.

Have you tried anything you couldn't live without from Kiko?
Have you seen there new summer limited edition launch? How beautiful is it?!

Let me know thoughts and comments in the box below or catch up with me over on Instagram.

Thats all for now beauties,
Thanks for reading.

Mucho Love
Liv
 



1 comments

Hương said...

Kiko lipstick Pashop VN best. Website: https://pashop.vn/